With Mid West Music Fest right around the corner, let’s highlight some of the events going on around the festival. We all know that MWMF has a great line-up of music (See schedule below), but there are a lot of other great activities going on as well. Here are a few highlights.
- Film – “Big Wu Way.” Friday, 3:30 PM at OutPost Winona (119 E. 3rd St.). The Big Wu are legends in the jam band scene. This new documentary highlights their long career.
- Photography Exhibition – “Images of MWMF: Where Music and Community Meet.” Friday and Saturday at Ed’s (no name) Bar (252 E 3rd St). Photographs of Mid West Music Fest musicians past, present, and future on display by photographer Jon Swanson.
- Sounds Like School Variety Show – Saturday, 12:00-2:00 PM, tent stage (corner of Center & 2nd St.). Winona area students perform as part of MWMF’s Sounds Like School program.
- Puppet Show – Saturday, 2:15 PM, tent stage (corning of center & 2nd St.). Dr. Bob and Eddie Danger perform a puppet show for all ages accompanied by live music.
- Artisan Market – Saturday, 12:00-4:00 PM, tent stage (corner of Center & 2nd St.). Local artists and artisans will be selling their works at the MWMF tent stage.
- Author’s Talk – Saturday, 3:00-5:30. Minneapolis Music Authors Jim Walsh and Danny Sigelman speaks about their work and spin records.
- Food Trucks – There will be several food trucks set up at the tent stage (corner of Center & 2nd St.) throughout the festival.
- Food for Sale at Historic Masonic Theatre – (251 Main St.). There will be a food vendor selling at the Masonic Theatre Friday and Saturday.